Courtesy of Teri Masello
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus (about 1 1/4 lb), cut diagonally in 2-in. pieces
12 oz fully cooked chicken cut into bite size chucnks
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb whole grain penne pasta
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 can (141/2 oz) diced tomatoes (Drain juice into small bowl and add 1tsp cornstarch to thicken)
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
2. Meanwhile heat 2 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, chicken and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes until asparagus are crisp-tender. Remove to a plate.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water; cook as package directs, stirring in peas for last 4 minutes of cooking time.
4. Meanwhile add remaining 1 Tbsp oil, the onion and carrots to skillet. Sauté over medium heat 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomatoes & juice mixture, seasoning blend and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Add 1/2 cup cooking water from pasta pot to skillet. Cover and simmer 8 minutes.
5. Drain pasta. Add asparagus mixture and half-and-half to skillet. Simmer 2 minutes or until hot. Return pasta to pot. Add sauce and cheese; toss to mix.