Pages

13 December 2011

Jello "Cheesecake" Pie

Courtesy of Melissa Dodge

I have several "odd" recipes in my head that I've lost the cards for ages ago.

This is one of my favorite desserts that I tweaked to make it simpler and tastier. I've always used Cherry flavored jello/filling... but you could easily change it around.

Ingredients:

2 graham cracker pie crusts
2 c boiling water
2 boxes Jello (Fruit flavor to match the Pie Filling)
1 can pie filling
20 oz can crushed pineapple (with juices)
8 oz cream cheese
1 c sour cream
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix water, jello, pie filling, and pineapple together. Pour into pie crusts and let set a bit. Whip the cream cheese, adding in sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spoon and spread on pies.

Let set overnight (or 4-6 hrs) and voila!

There's usually enough left over filling to need a container and too little to make an extra pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment